James came, saw and almost conquered

James Abraham, my Hughes ex-colleague, eating-out partner and friend was in Bangalore for his recording work. He managed to stay at our place for two nights. Although we met pretty recently during my visit to Delhi and Dehradoon, but still had a lot of catching up to do. Actually managed to chat till six in the morning! We went to Mysore for a day trip. Saw the usual tourist places – Mysore Palace, Chamundi hills, Lalitha Palace, KRS dam and Brindavan gardens. We planned to get back to Bangalore early so that we could dine at Casa Piccola. If I know James, he would have loved Casa. Unfortunately, we were late and tired, so ordered food instead. Just in time, the electricity went off, so we had a candle-light cum moon-light dinner at our terrace. Not bad, but I still wish we had time for Casa. Next morning James left for Delhi. James: next time, first thing. Then it will be conquering Bangalore!

Amit Junior came to our place on Saturday evening. Kailash, Arun, Amit, Rahul and I went to Pecos for a couple of drinks before dinner. Sushant joined us before we left for Bobby Dhaba near Ulsoor lake. The authentic Parathas with Rajma and Dal Makhani was well worth the wait. Even the huge glasses serving mathas looked imported from Punjab. Out of the many things that came up for discussion during the wait was blogs. Many of the questions that Sushant and Amit were asking were after reading my blog. Like Arun said, it has now become an open diary. If you don’t know what someone is doing, just go through his blog! People actually went through my blog from Arun’s blog and started asking questions to Arun about the many girlfriends that I had written about. Even Abhishek asked me to write about James' visit so that he could read it! Gives me renewed faith in blogging.

I am uploading a pic of Sushant here. He was playing the guitar when he came to meet us a couple of weeks back and I couldn’t help but click some photographs. I was photographing after a long time. I was probably not getting inspired. Since clicking Sushant’s photographs, I haven’t stopped. In just about two weeks, I have finished three rolls, and still clicking! Thanks Sushant.

8 comments:

~ ॐ ~ said...

dude... this is the same dhaba that i was talking about...
so guys finally went... buggers and without me :(

not done :( mereko bhi jaana hai :(

and keep clicking... i like the way you see the world from that view finder... tell sushant he is looking like a cool duude... :D

Subhadip said...

Thanks dude. Just thinking about the food there makes me hungry!

Aaja Bangalore... chalenge bobby da dhaba.

Anonymous said...

Hey Subhadip,

U camera has got magic!!! Really neat pics.

Keep Clicking & thanks....

Sushant

Unknown said...

Gud to c ur blog... keep writing and i will keep commenting... Bobby SIngh da dhaba must have been a good experience...

It seems u guys are having a lot of fun in bangalore... main bhi koshih karun kya?

Subhadip said...

Aseem: Aaja yaar. I am from the school of thought - the more the merrier.

Another weekend trek coming up on 1st and 2nd of April. Chalna hai to batao.

I am said...

nice photoblog. Could not comment, as it required to sign in. I suggest having a photoblog :) and thanks for u comment on 'What behind the mesh'

That was an inspiring compliment.

Subhadip said...

Tanushree (Bakwaas): Thanks for writing. I think you went through my flickr site, http://www.flickr.com/photos/subhadip

Let me work on creating a blogger photoblog. I think it's easier to post too! Thanks for the idea.

James said...

Some other day I will come down to b'lore for a culinary pilgrimage.

Casa Piccola and more on my mind..

By the way. Yesterday me, goli and god went to Karims (Sumptous Barra) and then a walk down to KB kulfi for a matka.